Thursday, May 26, 2011


UltraRunning from Matt Hart on Vimeo.


it's been about 9 weeks since i've run.
eventhough i can't run...watching someone run makes me feel better. i feel inspired.

i still have the drive to go out and run my heart out.  i was very afraid that taking this much time off...that i would fall back into my old slothful ways.  but that hasn't been the case. 

the drive is as high as ever...but i am trying not to let it consume me...i need to have balance. 

my body will heal with time.  i want to speed up the process of healing, but i don't want to be crazy-over-th-top about it.  i need to keep my priorities in check...which has always been hard for me.  i am not a balanced person.  i have a one-track-mind kind of personality.  i pick one thing and try to do it to my very best.  it consumes me.  takes over my every thought.  it's not a good place to be in.  i need balance.  need to make sure that God is at the center of my life...always...and doesn't get pushed to the side because of whatever my new "thing" is. 

there is an awesome article i read a few years ago called, Tyranny of the Urgent.  I reread it today.  “Your greatest danger is letting the urgent things crowd out the important.”  Because i am a very anxious person...everything seems like its urgent to me.  Need to remind myself to breath, slow down, and rest in HIM.  my plans are not HIS plans. Concentrate on the important stuff...his word...his people...his plans...not mine.  

now what does that look like?

that is what i'm going to have to work on. 

but i know for starters...it is being thankful for the season that i am in. God has a reason for everything.  I am definitely in a season of growing.  not always such a fun place to be in...but it's for a reason. God only wants the best for me and these are his plans.  

i know it means...making a point each day to spend time in his word.  putting his TRUTHS in my heart.  not thinking negatively...not being fearful. having faith that God is BIG ENOUGH to handle ALL my cares & worries. 

i know it means...not focusing on myself...but on others.  each day, looking how i can be a blessing to the people around me. 

i know it means...slowing down..letting my mind settle..and enjoy life.  i spend so much of my time planning/worrying about the next "thing" on my list.  i often miss out on what is happening now. i want to be more joyful. be happy.

i'm sure i will have alot more things to add to this list...it's just a start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rachelle, it sounds like you are in a good place!!